Monday, July 07, 2008

Dear Thief

Dear 4th of July Thief,

I was at a house party happily enjoying myself on our nation's independence day. I was hot, and decided to take a dip in the swimming pool. I didn't want to get my clothes wet, so I left them by the pool area while I dried off. Silly me for thinking I was amongst friends.

Twenty minutes later, I went back to the pool area only to find my shirt thrown up onto a random chair, my sandals strewn across the pavement, and my jean skirt nowhere to be found. Now why would you want to take a jean skirt? Oh, I know why. Because my digital camera was in my back pocket!

I must admit partial blame here for not being more concerned for my belongings. I usually keep a close guard, but I did not really stop and think someone would rummage through my clothes in such a short period of time.

Seriously, if something is not yours - don't take it! I am sick of dishonest people in this world. Have some f-ing integrity. As for now (and always), I will be keeping my shit on lock. Tight lock.

Rant over.

LT

No comments: