Wednesday, August 19, 2009

13.1

This past weekend I completed America's Finest City Half Marathon in San Diego. It was a really pretty route that started in the naval base in Point Loma, went across the airport, through downtown, and up some intense hills to end in Balboa Park. While it was very beautiful, I am not going to play down this course's difficulty. It was tough. By the time I crossed the finish line, I wasn't even happy to be done. I was just cussing at how tough it was. The last two miles were straight uphill. My legs felt like wood, my ankles were sore, and I was in great need of water. I was also pissy because I only beat my previous time by a minute.

As I thought about it more, I realized I've come such a long way in the past three years that it is crazy for me to be so obsessed with my time. It would be foolish of me to not celebrate that this was another half marathon completed. Another goal set. Another bar raised. And I'm running another one in October.

I went back and found a blog I wrote after I completed this same race 3 years ago when I was living in San Diego. You can check it out here:

Half Marathon? Check.

I hope you enjoy reading about my journey. I enjoyed looking back on it.

~LT

No comments: