Thursday, October 12, 2006

A little soul searching



This week one of my best friends Michelle came down to San Diego to stay with me. We're both in the midst of big life changes right now so it felt good to connect. This morning it was a gorgeous day, but there was no surf. We decided to go to the Meditation Gardens at the Self Realization Fellowship in Encinitas. The land there is beautiful: lush green plants, ponds with koi fish the size of baby seals, and lots of shaded areas. I felt like I was in Hawaii. I've now decided that I'm going to go there every day I'm in need of inspiration. It's simply beautiful.

On Sunday I plan to join the "Walk to De'Feet ALS" in honor of Michelle's father, who passed away two years ago from ALS. When Michelle's fathe r passed away she started a 'Never Give Up' wristband campaign in his honor. To this date she has raised over $100,000 for the ALS foundation. Michelle took something terrible that happened to her, and made something good out of it. She is one of my heroes.

No comments: