Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Beach Cruising

Last week was Marion's birthday and I surprised him with a beach cruiser. He lives in Manhattan Beach near the boardwalk and we spend a lot of time on the weekends walking places or spending unnecessary time looking for parking. I had been researching bikes for awhile and found this sweet place online that sells affordable beach cruisers. And they run their business via MySpace. How could I NOT go through them?

I ended up getting myself a bike too. I mean, I can't let him ride alone! I do have a pretty sweet mountain bike, but it's way too nice and I don't feel comfortable riding it around the streets and risk getting it stolen. So I've made a commitment to myself to try and hit the trails at least three times this summer.

Here is the bike I got for Marion:
$135 - Micargi Pantera Matte Grey (Available in Red, Blue, Dark Blue, Grey, Matte Grey)


And here is my bike:
$135 - Micargi Pantera Mint Green (Available in Purple, Mint Green, Vanilla, Pink, Matte Pink, Black, Mint Green, Baby Blue, White)


We went for our first cruise to the Manhattan beach pier on Friday night and went to an italian restaurant called Mama D's for dinner. Here's a pic from our first ride:
Beach cruisers!


Over the weekend we rode all the way down to Redondo Beach and rode to the Marina the next day. Already getting pretty good use out of these bikes. I can tell it's going to be a fun summer. These beach cruisers open up a whole new way of getting around on the weekends. We're pretty stoked!

LT

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute!

Is your cruiser gonna be at Marion's permanently? We have a week left before I move -- let's try to ride our bikes together before then!