Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"You're the Inspiration," Chicago Style

I am constantly in awe at the amazing things I am exposed to each day of my life. Here are some things I am into right now that I believe are worth checking out:


GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!
Goodsearch.com

This is all something everyone should look into. Basically it's a search engine that donates a penny from every keyword search to a charity of your choice. I know a penny seems nominal, but if word spreads like wildfire it could blow up! Imagine if all schools, libraries, and workplaces used this site as their default search engine. Plus it's powered by Yahoo so you aren't getting crappy results.

I first learned about Goodsearch from my friend Jon. He was struck with a rare blood disease a few years ago and almost lost his life. He's a baller now, working at Smith Barney and doing loads of charity work on the side. He told my friend Michelle about it and now she's looping in the ALS foundation. Last Saturday I was at a fundraiser for Boarding for Breast Cancer and now we're getting them involved with the cause. This has tremendous potential and could really help a lot of people! My friends inspire me to do good things.

Eastside K-9

I'm obsessed with golden retrievers. It probably has something to do with the fact that when I was brought home from the hospital as a newborn, I was introduced to my parent's 4 year old golden retriever. Last weekend while I was up in Mammoth, I walked by the Ski Patrol office and I saw a beautiful golden retriever laying down in a bed placed on the carpet. I knew exactly who it was-- King, mammoth's first avalanche dog. I remember hearing about him when he was a puppy so it was amazing to see him up close and in person. I wanted to pet him but he was "on duty." It's amazing that dogs have the ability to save lives like this. Mammoth is currently raising money to support their avalanche dog program by selling t-shirts and sweatshirts at the ski patrol station by the top of the gondola. I think it's great and I'm really happy they've chosen goldens over labs :)

If anyone else has been inspired by cool things lately, write me a comment and telll me about them!

No comments: