Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Weekend of Rest

People have often asked me if I have trouble sleeping at night. I'm not sure why this question comes up, but it has. I always find it funny because I have never had difficulty sleeping. Once I lay my head on my pillow, I am literally out cold within 3 seconds.

On the go for the past 4-5 weekends, I decided to cancel my trip to Mammoth this weekend and rest. And boy, did I need it. I ended up sleeping in until 1pm Saturday- my first time sleeping past 9am in about 6 weeks. Saturday evening I had plans to hang out, but guess what? I fell asleep again. This lead to me waking up at 11pm with a strong desire to clean my room. Cleaning like a mad person led me to become tired again, and I soon passed out.

Today I woke up at about 11am to let the dog out, but then went back to bed until 12:30pm. Then I went to the gym and ran errands. By the time I came home, it was 5pm and raining. And guess what? I fell asleep AGAIN. This time until 8pm. Now it's 12:02am and I know exactly why I'm awake. The weekends definitely throw me off schedule, but after traveling for the past 5 weekends with no rest, I was due for some much needed, quality zzzz's. I'm sure this weekend's gloomy weather helped.

I could never live in an area where it rains a lot. Forget surfing and snowboarding, sleeping would be my hobby!

And for the record, no I don't have mono. Been there done that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally slowed down for a second to let life catch up with you. Zzzzz's are needed, whether you feel it or not. And yes I was thinking this Wayne's World quote the whole time I was reading, however I know you've done that.

"I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored."

ash xo

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you caught up on your zzzz's, i'm in definately need of more sleep! i'm jealous you slept so much!!!!