Monday, January 01, 2007

Best 0f 2006

Albums
The Gold Record, Bouncing Souls
The Sufferer and the Witness, Rise Against
Black Holes and Revelations, Muse
Decemberunderground, AFI
9 Crimes, Damien Rice
The Bronx II, The Bronx
The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me, Brand New
Carnavas, Silversun Pickups
As Daylight Dies, Killswitch Engage
Dying To Say This To You, The Sounds

Songs
"For all the unheard" Bouncing Souls
"Survive" Rise Against
"Against All Odds" Postal Service
"Disintegration" Jimmy Eat World
"Better Things" Bouncing Souls
"Man in a suitcase" The Police

Movies
Borat
Clerks 2
Little Miss Sunshine

Books
The Kite Runner
Never Eat Alone
Eat, Pray, Love
Clear your life of clutter with Feng Shui

Live Shows
Rise Against
Bouncing Souls
Radiohead
Rock to Roll
Silversun Pickups

Websites
Myspace.com
Blogger.com
Toothpastefordinner.com

TV
24
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Weeds
Brothers and Sisters
Men in Trees

Parties
Vegas with the girls
Mexican Fiesta birthday party (baby Guillermo and shoes in the microwave)
4th of July (go girl energy drinks and fireworks)
Amy's wedding!

Trips
2006 was an awesome year of travel. I was fortunate enough to visit all different sorts of mountains and resorts as part of my job. My favorite work trip was to interior B.C. (Big White and Silverstar) where I got to snowboard in the backcountry for the first time ever. Definitely a highlight of my year!

Other Trips:
Tahoe for new years
Vegas Halloween weekend
San Francisco Road Trip
South Beach, Florida
Ohio for Amy's wedding

As we close 2006, I say goodbye with a huge smile. The year started out with four months of winter travel for work. I achieved my goal of snowboarding 50 days in a season so that was a huge personal success. Summer was filled with barbeques, surf sessions, horse races, and long days at the beach. Fall brought significant changes as I left San Diego and moved home to LA for a new job opportunity. I learned a lot about who I am and what's important to me through this process. I'm thrilled to have gone through this revelation and I'm happy to have found the balance that was much needed in my life. I'm a much happier person because of it.

One thing I've realized in 2006 is how people I've met in this journey we call life have left a powerful and positive impression on me. I've met some amazing people who have inspired me to be a better person and go after whatever I want in life. One of my goals for 2007 is to influence others in the way that these people have profoundly affected me. That, and the typical goals of losing weight and eating better of course!

No comments: