Sunday, November 12, 2006

Is that alright?

I've been listening to some great albums lately. In true High Fidelity fashion, here are my top five at the moment and why:

1. Muse "Black Holes and Revelations"
This band truly knocks me out of my chair everytime I listen to them. I really feel like they are reincarnated from the 70's. Heavy guitars with smooth, unique transitions creating a larger than life sound. In the words of my brother, "Matt Bellamy is a musical genius." There is no other band that sounds like Muse right now. I'm a fan.

2. Rise Against "The Sufferer and the Witness"
I haven't been able to stop listening to this record since I got it. It's the perfect length for running or just when I feel the need to burn energy. It's inspiring, thought provoking, and makes me want to fricking punch the crap out of something. Rock.



3. Damien Rice "9"
Only listed at number three because I haven't had the chance to fully digest the beauty of this album yet. But wow. Holy shit. I'm not kidding when I say I get goosebumps when I listen to the opening track. It's that good. Not released yet but check out my Myspace page to hear some of the songs.

4. Bouncing Souls "The Gold Record"
Straight up punk rock with an anthem twist is what you'll get here. I love the Souls because they are one of the few punk bands still around whose lyrics I can relate to word for word. If you listen to the Souls and you know me, you get it. I mean shit, they dedicated the last song on their record to all the songs that haven't been written or heard by others yet. If that's not inspiring, I don't know what is. Young hearts ARE made of gold, and this album will remind you of that.

5. The Bronx "The Bronx II"
Aside from the fact that the members of this band drip hotness, they also rock so hard they might rip your face off. LA lady, you always look so uninspired! Favorite tracks: Shitty Future, White Guilt.

No comments: