Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tom Watch, Day 4

Houston, we have a lift off. It's been confirmed by me, with my own two eyes. He does exist.

It all happened yesterday. I was sitting in my cube rocking out to my co-workers 130 gig iTunes library when i peeped over my cubicle and saw a tall man with brown hair walk by. I stood up. I saw his face. It was Tom himself, in the flesh!

However, Mr. Tom was simply walking down the hall to the reception area. He was not looking around or turning his head towards "the new girl's" cube. He was actually staring at the ground. It must be weird walking around a building with 300 people who work for you and thinking to yourself, "Wow, I created all this." He has influenced so many. It's gotta be cool, but weird.

Today I was walking to get my lunch (my free catered lunch I might add) and there he was again walking the opposite direction in the hallway. It was confirmed: we were going to walk past each other. I got nervous and turned red. Yet I stayed confident and told myself I'd look him in the eye and say hello as we passed. I did it. I smiled, and said hello. He smiled back and said, "Hi." Mission accomplished!

Maybe one of these days we'll be formally introduced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't you just introduce yourself the next time you see him, duh! be the bigger person! you can do it! he should know who is working for him!

Daniel Stephen Pendygrasse said...

you're such a nerd.